Saturday, June 09, 2007

Going, going...



Gone...managed to fit in a long overdue trip to the hairdressers last night and went for a much shorter cut than usual...ready for the warm days ahead in June and July!!! I will probably regret it when I try to straighten it myself next week and I end up looking like a big frizz bomb, but for now it feels so light and shiny!!!
Busy busy in school as the end of this year draws closer at a scary speed-we even had the meeting for new Reception parents this week-looks like it is going to be a good year as around 22 out of a possible 27 parents turned up-this is a huge number compared to our usual 15 or so. It is going to be a real boy heavy class, but with no where near the challenges that I have faced with my class this year-in fact, this has probably been the hardest year for me so far, but also probably one of the most satisfying and enjoyable years too:)
No time at all for scrapping, but I have finished the 12 squares I have been working on as part of a friendship quilt project. The idea behind this is that 12 people each choose an up lifting quote or word and then creates 12- 4" x4" squares representing the quote.Everyone then receives one of everybody else's squares that can be pieced together to create a wall hanging or little book. I was a little daunted by the size when I cut the card-I love the space of a 12 x 12 -but then really enjoyed working on this scale.
Back off to bed for a few hours-even though the dawn is breaking:)
Dawnx

2 comments:

Nat said...

Oooh loving the new hair do!! Been thinking of having something similar done, but keeping the front a little longer than the back. Love the little Friendship squares too - what a lovely idea :) xx

Mel said...

Ooohhh loving the hair! I need to get on and finish my friendship squares - started them ages ago but haven't been organised and got them finished yet! Mel x