Thursday, March 01, 2007

Happy St. David's Day!!!


How different was it to last year...that was our unexpected Snow day when we woke to blizzards. Today was a stunning Spring day,blue skies and warm air, everything was looking beautiful...especially the children in my house and my classroom!!! Every child in my class turned up in some kind of costume...totally unheard of and never achieved before!!! The two hour Eisteddfodd (!!!!) passed by quite quickly-for some unknown reason, we have a tradition of undertaking a formal competitive event in our school-with competitions in singing, recitation, poetry, story writing, painting and on and on...all watched by an audience of anxious parents...and when you think we are an english speaking Infant School, you can imagine what a performance it all turns into. We have practised every day this week, spending hours in the hall...thank goodness for the bribery power of a box of Welsh cakes, I say!!!
It was Will's first experience of the day and he coped really well. He hid behind Emily when it was Nursery's turn to sing, but sat over on the other side of the hall from me and even managed a little smile when they left half way through the morning.Phoebe was not impressed that the new Head of her school wanted all the children to dress up for a parade around the village...she was very reluctant to wear her hat so I had to soften the blow by letting her wear her new sparkly top underneath the shawl!!!! A very glamorous Jemima Nicholas if I say so myself!!!
Here are some photos of my two gorgeous Welsh children!!!
Dawnx

1 comment:

Nat said...

Belated Happy St Davids' Day Dawn. Fab pictures - your children are sooo cute. Hope you're all over your lurgy now :) xx