Sunday, February 11, 2007

And more snow!!!



Well, that caught us all out!!William and Phoebe left at 7:30 on Friday to spend the day at Nanna's and it was lightly snowing. By 8 o'clock, it was very heavy and the decision had been made to keep all schools closed for this day as well! Leaving me in Pontypool on my own, the children in Newport and Robbie out in Caldicot with hardly any snow at all!!The snow kept falling all day, but Rob did not believe how deep it was getting until I sent him a photo of the street. It then took him 4 hours to make the usual 30 minute journey home, having to abandon his car at nan's and bring the children home in Dad's car.The snow has been rained away now, leaving me feeling like I have had a little holiday...wonderful:)Reckon I can easily cope with next week...only 3 1/2 days to teach until half term!!PPA and a maths course taking care of the other 1 1/2 days.
Spent my time wisely...and rediscovered my Basic Grey Blitzen and Dasher papers...add a little bit of black card, a bit of chipboard...what a wonderful way to spend a snow day!!!

1 comment:

Mel said...

Love thos layouts Dawn - might just have to dig out my Blitzen and scrap the snow pictures of Izzy too! Mel x