Sunday, February 04, 2007

Nurse Dawnie...


I never had any inclination when I was a little girl to be a nurse; two of my best friends became nurses and I could never understand the appeal of their chosen occupation. After almost four weeks of nursing one or other of my gorgeous family, I know that it is a blessing that I never started on that career path!!!! I am shattered from coughing children, in between changing sick beds...add that to a husband who is snoring like a hog every night due to his enlarged tonsils...I am looking forward to going to school in the morning for a rest!!! And when I am tired, I am not the most tolerant person!! Thank goodness for scrapping! I have had lots of projects to keep me busy this week...DT work for Mel and Jill-the gallery goes live on the 8th of every month ...and two of the most stunning Circle Journals I have ever seen arrived at my house this week. The pages are simply stunning-I keep getting them out and just looking at the work on each page...I am seriously out of my depth, but love the inspiration that each journal has brought so far!!!"Signature Style" is the title of the journal I have just completed a page for...and it really made me think. I don't think I have any particular style, I love to try lots of different styles, but I must admit that there are certain papers and colours that I really enjoy using, so I decided to focus upon those...and as I started I realised that this has become my style...for good or bad... I had such a good time making these pages that it has really made me want to scrap all day and all night...a feeling that I was beginning to miss!!!Today's layout is probably the last page that I really really enjoyed making...from last August...it has all the elements that I have descibed on the journal page today...so I must say a big thank you to Hannah (Noodle),I think you have helped me find the missing mojo!!!!!!
Dawnx

2 comments:

Cath said...

Awwww, Hope the little ones are feeling better soon and you can get some rest!
Super gorgeous LO

Nat said...

Hi Dawn - pleased to find you have a blog as I love your work! You've definately got a distinct "signature style" - so the CJ should be a cinch for you lol! :D xxx