Tuesday, April 03, 2007

Ouch

Whoops there goes another one... a tooth that is!!! After debating the decision of extraction or root canal treatment for the last few weeks, I bravely went to the dentist today, having decided upon a go at tolerating a root filling!!! But the dentist was much more concerned about one of my back teeth that was slowly crumbling away. So, we decided to leave the temporary filling in place and tackle that back tooth before it started to give me any jip!!! BUT..I may have weak crumbly teeth, but those roots are firmly in there!! Nisha ended up drilling and cutting my gum to get the tooth out-and the dental nurse had to hold my head to stop me moving away. I had cramp in my hands from gripping the chair and then the blood would not stop. 30 minutes later, I was just about able to walk to the car!!! No wonder I hate going to the dentist!!!
Rob has been down to the BUPA hospital in Cardiff this afternoon for some minor out patient surgery-he had a blood vessel trying to escape from his shoulder!!!That was cut away, along with a cyst on his back...lots of big plasters and painkillers needed when the anesthetic wore off this evening:(
Had a great start to the holiday...a whole scrapping day yesterday...although I only made 3 layouts, I had time to get the sewing machine out, so stitched everything in sight!! Love the new Cosmo Cricket papers-think I might try Dutch Girl tomorrow!!!!

1 comment:

Nat said...

Oh no! Not a good start to the week for either of you then! I'm totally phobic about the dentist too. Even the word itself brings me out in a cold sweat - so big hugs to you and hope your pain/bleeding has long subsided!! xxx